Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hitting the mark.


It was great to have so many people at the Saturday photo group coffee meeting this morning. Tom brought the ancient Canon with the 500mm telephoto for us all to check out. I look forward to our meeting every week, no matter how many people show up.

We were throwing around ideas about themes for the next group show and I liked a lot of the ideas, including Tom's idea to photograph local artisans. I think that the best idea was Reardon's, a Fallbrook centric show with a 35 mile radius limit from town. Unless there are significant objections, I think that is going to be the theme behind the next show in October.

So start shooting!


5 comments:

  1. Blue Heron: that was actually Ken Seal's original idea... he said 45 miles and changed it to 35 taking out Balboa Park ( too easy, I guess). My suggestion was the name " 35 Miles From Home".

    Sanoguy ( aka "Reardon")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another suggestion ( I am full of them... or it!!): subtitle to 35 Miles From Home....

    "A Stones Throw Away"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both sound like good titles for rock and roll songs. I definitely see Mick for the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we might wind up insane if we try much harder, at least that's my impression after trying to think up a theme. I suggest that since we have something like a consensus we should run with it. I also recommend keeping Tom's idea for the next show. Besides if we run out of ideas someday there is always "clowns with cameras".

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete