a temple or church?
Thanks for the compliments! The building is a Roman Catholic cathedral, the first west of the Mississippi and built in 1831. The upper inscription is indeed Hebrew, and is "Yahweh," and the Latin inscription below it is "God is one and triune." To make room for the Eero Saarinen-designed "Gateway Arch," completed in 1965, all the surrounding buildings were demolished save this historical church.